Monday, February 14, 2011








As Ky hands Tara over to her father she takes in part of the crowd with a glance. Her eyes land on a tall blonde fae and she smiles. She chuckles as she sees the blush creep up his face.

“Do you know who that is? The blonde standing over there...”

Inari turns in time to see Gareth look away. “Yes, I do. His name is Gareth. He is the one I was held captive with, the one who lost his lover.”

As Ky watches she takes note of the intimate way Raina touches him and the looks exchanged between him and the vampire.

“And the three of them... are they all lovers, close friends, what?”

Sighing Inari pulls Ky towards the bar. “Lovers, I think. Do you want a drink?”

Ky nods and watches as the vampire pulls Raina out onto the dance floor. A slow sexy song is playing on the jukebox while the band takes a break. She catches Gareth looking at her again, his eyes so blue they almost looked silver. She thinks about running her fingers through his hair, caressing... “Inari, I'll be back in a minute...”

Inari rolls her eyes, knowing that Ky was either going to get herself in trouble or be gone much longer than a minute.

Ky moves through the crowd and keeps eye contact with Gareth as she walks towards him. He is mesmerized by the way she moves, unable to take his eyes off the way her hips sway.

She stops right in front of him and his first thought is, She is taller than I thought, almost as tall as Raina. And her eyes, what a strange color, not blue, not green but a turquoise... His eyes roam lower to the laces of her vest, not quite closed, giving him a teasing glance at her breasts.

His thoughts are interrupted by her voice, deep and sultry, “Do you stare at everyone like that or is it the ears?”

Flustered at her bluntness, Gareth blushes even more, “No, I mean, its not the ears. You're only the second Wyldfae I've seen this close, and Barkilphedro was nowhere near as pretty." His eyes are smiling, but his mouth is a hard line.

A grinning Nick nudges Gareth from behind. "Go on, you crazy kids. Dance. Drink. Get to know each other." He looks right into K'thyri's eyes. "But you have to have him back by sunup or he'll turn into a pumpkin."

Gareth offers his arm. "Would you care to dance, milady?"

"I'd rather have a drink if it's all the same to you. Long ride…."

Gareth nods and leads her to the bar. "What would you like?"

"Wine, please. Red, if you have it."

Gareth smiles. "A glass of red wine for the lady. Monty." He grins, beginning to loosen up. "Hold the poison."

Monty makes a face and returns in a moment with a glass of chilled red wine. "On the house for the lovely lady."

Ky's eyes go wide. "Lovely lady?"

Gareth smiles. "You."

K'thyri chuckles. "And to think I thought you were shy. I take it back. You work fast." She grins, showing small, even teeth. "That's not a bad thing. You Court elves tend to spend so much time on the seduction there's no time left over for fucking."

Gareth is taken aback for a moment, then laughs out loud. "And you say I work fast!?"

That breaks the ice, and for the next several hours the two are lost in conversation and laughter. Gareth never does get his dance, but when he walks Ky back over to where Inari is waiting, he's smiling broadly, and so is Ky.

"When can I see you again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....