Tuesday, February 8, 2011








Raina nearly jumps out of her skin when she hears Gareth yell. She gets out of bed as he bursts in the door, “Come, something is wrong with Nick...”

Grabbing a shirt thats draped over a chair near the door she follows Gareth down the hall. “Whats wrong with him? Are you sure he isnt just sleeping, I told you its creepy as hell.....”

Gareth keeps shaking his head and pulling her frantically towards Nicks room.

Still asking questions as Gareth pulls her into Nicks room the words die in her throat when she looks at Nick. Raina is frozen in horror at the sight of Nick, gasping for air and his normally pale color is definitely darker and an alarming shade of red. But its the movements of his body that make her moan and bring her to tears. She has seen many battles and she knows when a man is in pain and either cant express it or wont.

Raina kneels at the side of the bed. “Gods, what is wrong? Whats happened? Nick. Nick... Talk to me baby, please. Tell me what to do. Please, I dont know what to do to help...”

Lowering her head Raina starts to sob. Huge gut wrenching sobs that twist Gareths heart into knots.

“Gareth, is he going to die? I mean, technically he is dead... I dont understand... I dont think he can hear us even....”

Gareth pulls Raina to her feet and wraps his arms around her. “Take a deep breath. Tell me who might have some knowledge, who might be able to help. Where is the healer woman? Does she know anything about vampires?”

“I... I dont know if she does or not. She might have stayed with Traeger last night. Monty would know...”

Gareth is out of the room and down the stairs calling for Monty on his way down.

Raina returns to the bed and sits on the floor, afraid that sitting on the bed or too close is going to cause Nick to have more pain than he already has.

“Nick please. You cant do this to me. I cant live without you. I know you're going to get better and tell me I am being ridiculous, but its the truth.” Her words turn to sobs again, and she tries to touch Nicks face, the heat surprising her. What the Hel? His skin is always feels so cool... What could have happened?

For a moment he looks at Raina, recognition in his eyes and as quickly gone. The thrashing increases, scaring Raina. She stands slowly, suddenly realizing that he might try to bite if he doesnt recognize people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....