Saturday, February 12, 2011
The Lord sitting on Twillon's left cocks his head. He peers closely at the demifae on the Queen's shoulder. Twillon raises a brow.
"Is there a problem, your Lordship?" The words are quiet, toneless. If the man insults Weebit, Twillon will not insult the Queen at her table, but the Lord will not survive the night.
The Sidhe looks back at his plate, pushing around a bit of meat. "Not from me, Dark Lord. I was just hoping her torturer is destroyed. She obviously did not deserve this." He leans back in his chair. "Do you have a use name, Sir?"
Twillon relaxes, eyes wary. "Call me Sca'th."
The man's eyes widen. "Not Taibreamh Sca'th?"
Weebit trills at Twill. He never answers the man, just turns his smile on the little fae. Her eyes are solemn, he takes the subtle warning.
The Queen looks him up and down. "You have grown Sca'th."
Heads turn, listening to the conversation. "You are a beautiful as I remember, My Queen. It has been many decades since You honored me with my appointment. I pray I have served well."
Weebit watches quietly, eyes darting to a Sidhe sitting nearby. The man is listening all too intently, merely toying with his food.
The man smiles at Twillon, a pleasant courtly mask slipping in place. "Looking for subterfuge among the Nobles or the True Court?" His eyes are pleasant, for all the distance that slide between them.
"Nay, My Lord. I am here for the Queen's insight on a matter we Dark Lords deem important." He smiles at Weebit, where she sits on a small cushion on the table. "And to show my friend that not all Fae are alike."
Weebit smiles at Twillon, her voice a sweet note. She blushes and bows to dip a tiny spoon in the honey on her plate.
"The Fae I have met in your company have ever been pleasant." She smiles
up at the Queen. "Your Majesty has been more than kind." Nodding to the Noble, she lowers her eyes shyly. "I know all too well that people are often not as they seem."
The Man smiles at Weebit. "You, Mistress Weebit, are a charming woman. Lord Sca'th is a lucky man to have your company."
Weebit blushes. He leans around Twillon and whispers to the demifae, "Teach the man some manners. Rah'sha didn't have them when he left."
Twillon jerks in surprise, catching the man's soft laughter. Their eyes meet and he grins, voice low so only the Queen could hear them.
"Nyr?"
"Lord Nyr to you. My brother is no longer among us. Now I sit in his place. Watch the Sidhe at the next table, old friend. They dislike the Dark Lords. A member of their House ran afoul of Dark Lord justice recently."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....