Saturday, February 12, 2011
Inari listens to the exchange between Titania and Mab from a spot to the side of the mirror in the shadows. She could easily hear the conversation and not be seen.
When Mab's reflection fades from the mirror Titania calls for Inari. “Shes gone. At least we agree and this Morgan will find few willing to risk their necks for her. She didnt mention Star, lets hope she doesnt know about her. I want you to keep an eye on her, in so much as you can right now. I take it her husband is perfectly capable but he is human isnt he?”
Inari sighs, “He is, but some kind of immortal from what I can gather. He would die to protect her, that much is obvious. I dont think she is pregnant...” Inari smiles, “That was your next question, wasnt it?”
Nodding Titania returns the smile, “You know me well. Of course that was my next question. When this Morgan issue is resolved maybe you should visit your old teacher, Tychus. Perhaps he has some insight on the prophecy.”
“I thought of that too, your Majesty.”
“Very well. You may take your leave after the small one has seen the healers. I sent word to the seamstress. There should be several small bundles in the stable for you to take. There is a specific one I had marked, that is for Mistress Weebit herself. She may share the rest with whoever she likes.”
Titania moves to gaze out an arched window, “Remember to send word if you need to leave the tavern in pursuit of this Morgan. I hate to call this unit back into service so soon, they need the break from the fighting. But I insist on an escort, so dont argue with me.”
Inari shut her mouth that had opened to protest the escort. There was no use in arguing and it was safer than traveling alone, although a bit slower. Inari smiles to herself, If Ky is still with me she wont travel with them or that slow...
Titania interrupts her thoughts, “Ride safe Inari. You know there is no one else I can trust as I do you.”
Inari bows low, always humbled by the Queen's trust and faith in her. “Thank you, your Majesty.”
She stands and turns to leave only when she hears the doors to the Queen's private rooms open and close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....