Tuesday, February 8, 2011









Alise...

The twins have been fretful all morning and Alise has her hands full. Every time she goes by the phone, she pauses, debating on calling the tavern or not. Stoney's voice caresses along her mind, as welcome as a cool cloth on overheated skin.

Mon Chaton... worrying will do nothing but make the bebes feel something is wrong. Raina knows you would be there if you could, but Rowan has issued an order. You need to rest, mon amour...

Opening himself wider, he begins to sing an old French lullaby. Alise smiles, remembering the words from her own childhood. Soon she is singing along. Tomas stops whining and watches his mother rock a still crying Tara. Soon Tara quiets. Both children respond to their parents' singing, eyes closing very slowly. Once both are dozing in their cradle, Alise slips her arms around the polished stone of her husband's day form. She places a tender kiss on his stone jowl.

"Merci Chiot. I think we all needed to feel you near."

I am always just a thought away, mon amour. We will go to Raina and Nick as soon as Rowan says it is safe. I promise.

The feel of his hands sliding along her body brings a soft sigh. He lets her feel him stroking lightly over her belly.

We have more than the twins to think of now, mon amour. We should seriously think of finding a nanny to help with the little ones. You need to keep up your strength. I would help if I could.

Alise agrees, feeling his unexpressed smile.

Think about it, mon amour. Perhaps Mortuis. Rowan, or Pan knows of someone trustworthy. Sleep Chaton. I will monitor the little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....