Sunday, September 16, 2012









Ike strolls down the path behind the children. The pipes end as she takes her place and the song begins anew, this time picked out on the strings of an acoustic guitar. Tori stands still, bemused by the sight of Tannr. Her lover has always been handsome to her eyes, but now... All she can think of is stripping jacket away, kissing her way down the V of his shirt before peeling the loose garment over his head. The leather breeches made her swallow. She tried not to lick her lips, just barely succeeding.

You look so beautiful. A Goddess. MY Goddess. 

Not a Goddess, Coppertop, just me. She hides a grin in their thoughts. I was going for the nymph image... 

The lust in his mental touch gives it an animalistic growl. I've seen nymphs... They don't hold a candle to you. 

She feels a glow slide through her body. If it shows, she thinks to herself, I will be incandescent. A tug in her hair reminds her that she is still standing at the foot of the path. A soft voice whispers from among her wreath of flowers. "Lord Blackthorn plays for you."

Tori takes her first step, skirt parting to show a bit of bare leg and begemmed slippered foot. Ob's voice wends softly with the melody.

Are those your eyes? 
Is that your smile? 
I been looking at you forever, 
Yet I never saw you before. 
Are these your hands? Holding mine? 
Now I wonder how I could have been so blind. 
And for the first time, I am looking in your eyes. 
For the first time, I'm seeing who you are. 
I can't believe how much I see, 
When you're looking back at me. 
Now I understand what love is, 
Love is... 
For the first time... 

Stoney's voice joins Ob's. Tenor and bass seem to add an elegance to each step their sister takes.

Can this be real? 
Can this be true? 
Am I the person I was this morning? 
And are you the same you? 
Its all so strange. 
How can it be? 
All along this love was right in front of me! 
And for the first time, I am looking in your eyes. 
For the first time, I am seeing who you are. 
I can't believe how much I see, 
When you're looking back at me. 
Now I understand what love is... 
Love is...

Ob's voice fades away as Stoney continues.

For the first time. 
Such a long time ago, 
I had given up on finding this emotion, 
Ever again. 
But you're here with me now, 
Yes I found you somehow, 
And I've never been so sure. 
For the first time, I am looking in your eyes, 
For the first time, I'm seeing who you are, 
Can't believe how much I see, 
When you're looking back at me. 
Now I understand what love is... 
Love is... 

Ob and Keon join Stoney to end the song. The three male voices fade away as Tori comes to stand beside Tannr.

For the first time. 
For the first time... 

Tannr takes Tori's delicate hand in his larger one. Together they turn towards the robed form half hidden in shadows. The women move forward, one holding a goblet, another a chalice of wine. The other two hand the couple short pieces of red silk cord.

The voice that issues from beneath the hood is soothing, yet compelling. He intones a classic wedding opening, welcoming the friends and family in the eyes of the Almighty. A few cross themselves. Others touch emblems, still others simply smile, knowing who stands before them, and just whom he is invoking.

He speaks of love eternal, of finding the one person who fills a void your heart and soul did not even know was there. The wine is poured into the goblet as the rings are called forth.

"Who bears the rings?"

Tomas and Ryan move forward. The boys are extremely solemn as they hand the boxes to Erik and Marc. Once given they turn and walk very slowly to their places. Stoney hides a smile, sending to his son Very well done. Grace signs the words to Ryan nearly as soon as the children hear it. The boys grin.

"These rings signify the love unending. As you place it upon your beloved's finger, contemplate the commitment into which you are entering."

The rings slide in place and the two women have the couple clasp left hands. They take the cords and wrap them around the hands, entwining them in a complicated weave.

"Red is the blood of the Heart, the symbolic color of Love. Heart hands are bound, as your lives are now entwined before the witness of these assembled. What is sanctified within the purview of one's Faith, let no man tender interference. Tori Tavisham, Tannr Thorsson, do you swear to hold each other's heart, each other's soul with in the safeness of your own?"

There is no hesitation, and although there was no rehearsal of vows, it is as if the two were schooled intensely, for they answered in unison. "I do."

The cords are loosened, but not unwound. The couples' hands are slid out and the weave pulled tight. The ends are tucked inside and the complicated knot is handed to the robed Official.

"Hold out your left hands."

The couple do, and the knot is placed in their joined hands.

"A kiss to seal the promise."

The couple kiss gently, then press closer, forgetting the others until a the sound of applause intrudes and they break apart reluctantly. They are urged to turn towards the assembled people.

"With great satisfaction, and abounding joy, it is my honor to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Tannr Thorrson."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....