Monday, September 3, 2012









I have to admit, sometimes I'm a slob. I'd suspect it was a guy thing if it wasn't for Gareth. Damn elf never fails to hang up his coat, or line up his shoes at the edge of the bed, or wipe his feet, or anything. He's so perfect it's nauseating.

On the other hand, my walk-in closet/bedroom had to be straightened up... it was starting to look like the black tornado dropped by and decided to stay awhile. Black t-shirts everywhere, and enough pairs of black socks to stuff a pair of pillows. I straightened up by the simple expedient of dumping everything in the laundry basket, and the laundry basket into the washer. That made me a few minutes late getting to the Tavern, but I'm pretty sure they won't run out of blood in the meantime.

The doors open at a touch. Truth to say, I could smash them off their hinges, but there's no need to be that dramatic; something about a vampire entering seems to draw enough attention in itself, I can't imagine why. Do I really look that thirsty?

Raina's standing hipshot at the bar, sipping at what looks to be one of Monty's experiments; all that's missing is the paper umbrella. She smiles and waves me over, but I'm frozen into stone at the first glance.

Her hair....

I'm used to Raina sporting hair down to her ass; mostly in a braid, but sometimes unbound. It's amazingly sensual in bed, all that silky hair against bare skin, but there are disadvantages too. It weighs a quarter of a ton when it's wet, and it take a month and a half to dry. Also, pulling your lover's hair, however accidental it might be, is not a way to inspire inventive bedroom antics. We'd talked about cutting her hair before, sort of idly, but I never thought she'd actually do it.

It's short now; really short compared to the way it was before, no more than shoulder length at the longest. Whoever did the 'do was a genius; it frames her face perfectly, emphasizing those high cheekbones and somehow making those green eyes even more amazing. I feel a grin stretching across my face and I stride over to the bar and kiss her till even my cold skin warms up.

"You look incredible," I say before she can ask. "Whoever the stylist is, they deserve a fifty-dollar tip."

She grins delightedly. "I hoped you'd like it."

"Oh, I don't just like it... but I'll show you just how I feel about it later tonight, when we're alone."

Say, did that grin just go even wider?

"Gareth finished the pool today... Wanna break it in later?"

"Let me get something to eat and talk to Alise for a few, and you've got a date, fang-face."

"Ooooh, I love it when you talk dirty."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....