Tuesday, August 2, 2011








It's a quarter to three,
There's no one in the place 'cept you and me
So set em up, Joe
I got a little story I think you oughtta know

We're drinking, my friend
To the end of a brief episode
So make it one for my baby
And one more for the road

The Tavern is shut down for the night, but not empty. The gargoyles have gone to their rest, K'thyri is in a conference with Inari in one of the empty rooms. Rowan gave Tannr a mild sedative and sent him home with Raina. Nick left maybe an hour before that. So even though the place isn't exactly empty, it's quiet.

It's early in the a.m. - maybe five or sixish. I kinda wish I had a laptop or a fancy cell phone so I could at least play Solitaire, but comme ci, comme ca - I have my cell, my pad and my pens and it's another night, waiting for the call that never comes; and I somehow doubt that Ky will be dropping by my table again with tea and sympathy. I do, however, have doughnuts, including the rare and wonderful Bavarian Creme.

Plans aren't finalized or anything, but I think we're going in tomorrow night.

Well, that's how it goes
And Joe, I know, you're gettin anxious to close
So thanks for the cheer
I hope you didn't mind
My bending your ear

But this torch that I found
Its gotta be drowned
Or it soon might explode
So make it one for my baby
And one more for the road

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....