Wednesday, July 20, 2011









K'thyri kind of halfway supports me till we get back to the tavern. It'd be more accurate to say that she half-carries me, but admitting that wouldn't be macho. The Flying Monkeys bring up the rear with our prisoners in tow.

I take a deep breath that I don't really need when we get to the tavern - old habits die hard. Ky props me up - elves are a lot stronger than they look - and gives me the benefit of her vast battlefield experience. "You look like hell, vampire."

"You say the sweetest things." The Monkeys enter and dump Rath on the floor like a sack of potatoes. I resist the urge to put the toe of my boot up his ass - barely. Someone thinks to call the old man; he'll want to be here when we question the prisoners...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....