Friday, December 30, 2011








We talked till damn near 3 am. Most of it had nothing to do with ghosts or mediumship... What I do is akin to having perfect pitch or a photographic memory; you either have it or you don't, it can't be taught. She asked me a lot about my personal life, pre- and post-curse; about Kathy, and the women since (fewer than you might expect).

In return, I learned some things about her, how she became a masseuse... but not a happy ending masseuse. She had to explain that to me, I'd never heard the expression before. She told me how she ended up working in a high-end whorehouse and some of the people she worked with - but nothing about her clients.

All of this took time, and by the time we were done, the sun was on the horizon.

Which brings us to where we are now.

"Wow... we talked all night...."

"Yeah. We should really get some sleep. I have a spare room you can use, it doesn't see much use, so it's clean... No jammies, though."

"That's okay, I don't need them." She giggles a little when my eyes cross.

After I extract my foot from my mouth - its second home - I show Eira to the spare bedroom. She's already seen the bathroom, so that's not an issue... We say good night and I stagger back to my room, undress, and fall asleep... I think I got into bed first....


It's nearly one in the afternoon when I wake. Something seems weird... then the night's events gradually come back to me and I realize why it's so late.

That doesn't explain, however, why there's an extremely naked Eira in bed with me. She's covered up to the middle of her back, but she's snuggled tight against me, and I don't feel anything but skin. I debate lifting the covers to verify the hypothesis, but my inner nice guy says no. Hmmmm... how do we do this...?

I'm saved having to make a decision when Eira yawns and stretches. One extended hand touches my face, narrowly missing an eye, and she slowly opens her eyes.

"Jack? What am I doing here?"

"I was just going to ask you."

Remembrance begins to swim back into her eyes. "I got up to go to the bathroom... I must've got turned around, came back here instead."

"So what do we do now?"

"Do?" She looks puzzled.

"Well, this wasn't on the menu last night... I can turn my back so you can get back to your room."

"Don't be a poop. It happened, big deal. It's not like we had sex, we just slept together - emphasis on slept."

"We're not sleeping now...."

"That's true... well, I for one like the way this feels, so if you're not afraid I have cooties, I'd like to snuggle a bit more till I wake up. Okay by you?"

"Sure, only..." I hesitate, not sure how to say this - "where do I put my hands?"

She gives me a sleepy grin. "Anywhere you like, big boy...."


Waking up naked with someone seems to expedite the traditional getting-to-know-you process, even when it was unintentional. It definitely wasn't on my to-do list last night, and I don't think it was on Eira's, either. That said, since it did happen, we enjoy it. No sex, just some kissing that turns into necking and the odd straying hand now and then....

I don't turn my back when Eira gets out of bed, and she doesn't run right out, either. I admire the view for a minute (she's doing the same, though I think "admire" might be a bit of an exaggeration in her case), then heads back to her room for a shower. I do the same, then dress and head for the kitchen to start the coffeemaker....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....