Saturday, December 10, 2011








So I'm sitting in my booth, making love with a Corona, and suddenly something flashes over me... something that makes me flush hot and has another, more pointed effect....

I look around suspiciously, but there's no Fae in sight - none that would do anything like this, anyway - and Rowan has scruples about doing love spells. Anyway, by no stretch of the imagination can what swept over me be described as "love" - it's something more basic and crude than that.

Looking around, I can see that I'm not the only one to be affected, which makes me feel a little less conspicuous - but not much.

And then there's the dancing.

Ramji and Laila, pressed together in an embrace that makes cheek-to-cheek sound downright prudish... Ike and Monty are doing an odd-looking move that might be referred to as The Squirm... Raina and Alise are dancing, too, the Viking and the little French girl doing moves hot enough to scorch the dance floor.

Wait a second.

Raina and Alise?

I blink, but there can be no mistake. It's really Raina, and it's really Alise, and the heat between them is palpable, just short of spontaneous combustion. It shows itself in a variety of ways... the sensuous moves, the covert looks and touches, the whispered words that are just below the threshold of audibility, the smiles... something is going down tonight - or should that be someone? Or someones?

And once again, I find myself in an uncomfortable position... damn my imagination. It's going to be forever before I can go home at this point....

At this point - of course - Eira walks in. I roll my eyes heavenward. Thank you so fucking much....

To my considerable relief, I see Rowan wave her over and for several moments they're engrossed in conversation. Then the glances begin to stray my way and I wonder exactly what they're talking about. Rowan knows me pretty well, and she's not one for pulling punches... The top of my head begins to tingle, as if waiting for God to smack me one again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....