Wednesday, December 14, 2011








It takes a while for Eira to comprehend exactly what's going on, but with me and Kathy taking turns explaining, she begins to come around. She has another almost-meltdown when we describe the nature of some of our regulars... Nick, for instance, and Jeb.... We get that all thrashed out and sit back and let Eira absorb it.

Whose bright idea was it to make me the go-between here? I have problems enough being what I am, without trying to help a newbie try to understand a whole new world....

Fortunately, about that time Rowan wanders by. I'm more than happy to relinquish the reins to her... Yoda I'm not, nor even Ben Kenobi, and we all know how that worked out.

It turns into an hour-long sit-down discussion, and when all is said and done, Rowan has thrown a quick shield over Eira - thereby keeping her from seeing anything she doesn't want to see, kind of like using an answering machine to screen out telemarketers. Her next step will be to contact Mortuis, who in turn will contact Sibyl St. John, the blind psychic, who will help get Eira grounded in her new reality.

I'm not off the hook, though. Sibyl is the expert, I'm the guy who lives on-site, who's been doing this for years. The only real consolation is that Rowan will be involved, too, so I shouldn't have all that much to do.

...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....