Friday, December 30, 2011











Eira took a deep breath and then knocked loudly on the door of the caretakers house on the edge of Pax Aeternum Cemetery. She had two large insulated bags with her and the aroma was making her stomach growl. Her thoughts slipped back to the other day when she had basically invited herself over to Jacks for Christmas. She really wanted to get to know him better and it didnt have anything to do with the medium thing. At the thought she kept her head lowered, not wanting to see if any spirits were watching her from the shadows of the large tombstones.

Finally Jack opened the door. He smiled and asked her in.

At least he answered the door and asked me in.... and actually smiled... So far so good....

“Whats in the bags? It smells great..” Jack leads the way to the small kitchen. It smelled like lemons, and Eira grinned, knowing he had just cleaned it.

“Well... I didnt know what to make that was traditional for the holidays for just two people. So I made lasagna....”

“Lasagna? Really?” Jack asks, a hint of disbelief in his voice.

“Yeah.... I hope you like Italian. I guess I should have asked.”

“Its fine, great... I love Italian....” Jack helps Eira get the food warmed and the table set. He brings out a bottle of wine and two glasses.

The evening was spent talking, getting to know one another. They polished off their meal and started on a second bottle of wine before Eira asked about the medium thing. Jack was quiet for a few moments and he tried his best to explain everything he knew to her.

“I think it would be best if we called in some extra help with this. Rowan can help you with some centering and Alise can see spirits at times....”

“The healer woman? And the the French lady from the tavern? Why does Alise see things?” Eira asks innocently.

Jack smiles, “I think I have a couple more bottles here somewhere.....this is gonna be a long night...”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....