Saturday, December 10, 2011









I'm hanging out in the hallway in boxers and not much else, having my nightly pick-me-up - blood with a dash of tabasco - when Raina heads out. "Whoa, babe," I say, catching her by the wrist. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

"The Tavern," she says, giving me a secret smile. "Two things you need to know before I go, though... I think Ky is going to want to play tonight - with you and Gareth; and although she didn't say so, I think she'll be disappointed if you guys ignore each other to focus only on her."

I absorb this, licking my lower lip thoughtfully. "So that's the way the wind's blowing?"

"I think so. I know, beyond the slightest shadow of a doubt, that she loves you both, and I think that makes all the difference." She grins. "I'd take her up on it if I were you. If I'm right - and I'm an empath, how wrong could I be? - the comfort level is going to rise once she's seen you guys make love and joined in with you. She knows and accepts that you and Gareth are lovers, but she's always been on the outside of that. If the three of you make love together, no holds barred, that'll make her feel like she's really a part of this family, not just a girlfriend. Girlfriends come and go, but family is forever.

There'll still be some hurdles to get over... we'll have to include her some night, you and me, in our love life; and then at some point - and we know it's coming, the only question is when - all four of us will share a bed" - her eyes twinkle - "among other things, and that will be the last hurdle. Once that happens, we're a family - not just four friends, not just lovers. It'll probably lessen her need to return to the Unformed Plane, because her family is here, and your home is where your family is. I think she'll start to think of Exton as home and the Unformed Plane will just be a place. I mean, it won't happen overnight, but I think it will happen.

Anyway" - she smiles and winks - "you guys enjoy yourselves tonight." She kisses me thoroughly and by the time my head stops spinning, she's out the door.

I dump the empty in the trash, go to the fridge for a fresh bottle and go in search of Gareth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....