Thursday, August 30, 2012








The Tavern is its usually noisy six o'clock. People were arriving early for dinner, keeping Monty, Patti, and the wait staff moving. Nothing like it would be in another two hours, but still....

From the stool of his drum kit, Ob watches as his beloved Witch-wife and daughter set the table for the first family gathered dinner that they have had in weeks. The Gargoyle Gypsy taps out a few licks as his son bounces in his walker, dancing in his own style to daddy's music.

Shaking his head, he feels the very tips of his multi-hued locks brush his shoulders. Ob strikes a cymbal in frustration. Pandora looks up and he smiles, hiding his frustration. Over a hundred years his hair was nearly midback. Now it was just over nine inches in length. A very trendy and wild nine inches, but still. The again... if it hadn't been the loss of his hair, it would have been the loss of his wing, and a wound so deep he would never have played drums again, much less lifted his arm. Pandora kept reminding him it would grow back, but... maybe he would keep it shorter, and let his wife be the bearer of the sexy long hair.

A sudden image of his wife in nothing but her hip length hair, a bed mask, and high heeled boots slips through his mind. At the way her knees seemed to lock, his wife had caught the image before it moved away. The look she cast over her shoulder reminded him of just how lovingly she had been tending to his... recovery.

A muscle twitches in his shoulder, reminding Ob he hadn't stretched out his wings yet today. Lengthening out his arm, Ob feels something pop. He nearly moans in relief as the cramp disappears. He senses Tori and Tannr before the door opens. There is a nagging concern in his sister's thoughts, so he watches as the couple come through the door. Tannr is pale, moving slowly as if pain still wracked his wounds. If it did, the Viking was hiding it very well, mentally.

Tannr eases onto a chair and helps Chloe to clamor up on his lap. She begins to tell her "uncle" all about the new spells she is learning from Mama'. Ob touches his sister's mind on a very narrow path.

What is it? Is something serious? 

No... we are just waiting for test results. 

Did Rowan start the filtering of his blood yet? Her hesitation is enough. Ob pushes at her until she gives him her thoughts.

No.. looks like she won't have too. Something is breaking down the iron. Ob, he had enough iron in his blood to kill three Sidhe Warriors. Over the past two weeks, the level has been slowly dropping. Mortuis and Rowan have taken samples of both Guunnar and Erik's blood to try and see what is different... 

But you're worried. 

She shoots him a glance and Ob nods. What if this is a precursor to something more? Who knew with Underdark.

Byte waves as he and the lead guitarist from Lunar Eclipse grab a booth. Ob nods to them and picks up the pace of his rythms. His thoughts turn inward, touching Allah's Light, but the sword remains silent. Whatever is going on in Tannr, is not enough for the Healing Blade to be drawn to it. That in itself is a good sign.

Ob starts to drum a fast rolling beat. Link, Lunar Eclipse's lead strings man, hops up on stage and picks up a guitar. Tori grins and joins them. Her low throbbing notes joins Ob's rythms and Link starts playing a familiar riff. They stop and Byte rattles some spoons from the tables. The small crowd hollers "WIPEOUT!" and the trio swing into the old surfer song.

 Teri bounces and claps, keeping pace with the music. Stoney and Alise arrive before the song is even midway. Their children race to the front of the stage, as does Chloe. They surround Teri, each bouncing and gyrating to the music, but letting the littlest of them still able to see his daddy.

Stoney steps up on stage and uncovers his keyboard. As the other song ends, he plays a few chords. It's enough that the others catch on. Tori grins, swinging into the chords, Link right behind her. Ob throws back his head and shouts "YEAH!"

Stoney laughs, and takes off with the lyrics, feeling Ob's concentration centered on keeping the rythm steady.

I been up, I been down. 
Take my word, my way around. 
I ain't askin' for much. 
I said, Lord, take me downtown, 
I'm just lookin' for some tush. 

He winks at Alise on the last word and sends her a mental cupping of her ass.

I been bad, I been good, 
Dallas, Texas, Hollywood. 
I ain't askin' for much. 
I said, Lord, take me downtown, 
I'm just lookin' for some tush. 

This time both Pandora and Alise feel a bit more groping. They roll their eyes at their husbands. The sister-in-laws grin at each other. Tori and Link begin trading the bridge back and forth.

Take me back way back home, 
Not by myself, not alone. 
I ain't askin' for much. 
I said, Lord, take me downtown, 
I'm just lookin' for some tush.

As the song ends Tori whispers something to Link. making her brothers start laughing. She puts down her precious guitar and picks up the mic.

"Looks like we are doing a few oldies.. and i don't mean oldies as some of us would see them...."

Tori steps off the stage and straddles Tannr's lap. The redhead drapes an arm over her lover's shoulder and pouts. Tannr touches her mind, but she refuses to let him see what she is about to do.

Link strikes a vibrating chord and the guys swing in a well known song by The Troggs.

Her voice is husky. The low sound vibrates through Tannr as if he licked a nine volt battery and forgot to let go.

Wild thing...you make my heart sing... 
You make everything 
Groovy 
wild thing... 

Wild thing, I think I love you 
But I wanna know for sure 
Come on, hold me tight 
I love you 

She rocks on his lap, undulating her stomach and torso sensually in imitation of her viper aspect.

Wild thing...you make my heart sing... 
You make everything 
Groovy 
I said wild thing... 

From nowhere, a reed pipe is in her hands. Its whispy tones and the sway of her body are hypnotic. Her flame kissed green eyes never leave his. Both arms slide around Tannr's neck, The pipe tapping his back, then gone.

Wild thing, I think you move me 
But I wanna know for sure 
So come on, hold me tight 
You move me. 

She moves closer, pressing her body against his. Tori's lips brush Tannr's and she forgets for a moment where she is. The sound of the guys' voices just make her smile as Tannr kisses her back, hard and possessive.

Wild thing...you make my heart sing... 
You make everything 
Groovy 
wild thing... 

Come on, come on Wild Thing 
Shake it, shake it, Wild Thing... 

The song ends to a thunder of applause. Tannr leans his forehead against Tori's and moans. She smiles wickedly. His voice is low, nearly a whisper. "Red, I can't get up... not right now... not with the kids here."

Tori bats her eyes and gives him an innocent look. She starts to slide backwards, grinding her hips a bit. "I'll move so you can get..."

Growling, Tannr grabs her roughly, hauling her back over his throbbing situation. "RED, Don't you fucking move...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....