Tuesday, September 20, 2011








After Stoney and his family leave to go see Raina, Rowan comes in and switches Toris IV lines. At Tannrs questioning Rowan tells him the blood is finished and she wants to start an antibiotic, to run until sun-up when Tori will go to stone.

“I dont want to take any chances. It's more of a precaution than anything, but who knows what was on that knife..”

Tannr watches as Rowan discontinues one treatment and starts another with practiced ease. She excuses herself when she is done and Ike does the same.

“Gonna wash up and get something to eat. Want me to bring you anything?” Ike asks her sister.

Smiling as Toris stomach growls at the mention of food, Tannr says “Maybe we should ask Rowan first. You havent had much to eat in awhile..”

“I'll go find Rowan and ask...” Ike kisses her sisters head and squeezes Tannrs shoulder as she walks past, finally able to relax at feeling some signs of recovery in her sister.

Alone for the first time since Toris return, Tannr takes her hand and kisses the palm, then the wrist, his eyes full of passion and love for her.

Tori sighs, closing her eyes for a moment. When she opens them, there is a shadow that wasn't there before

“Tannr, I know what it's like after a battle, all the adrenaline, the need for release." She looks into his eyes for a moment, then glances away. "I'm sure there is someone at the club that could take care of those needs." At his silence, she twists her lips into a sad smile. "it wouldn't be the first time a male left me for someone else's bed..."

Tannr quickly swallows his anger at the thought of anyone hurting her like that. He smiles softly at Tori. “Well Red... I'm not that guy. What I have right here in front of me is more than worth waiting for. I love you. How long is it going to take you to realize that?”

Tori smiles with relief, “Maybe forever...”

“I'm game for that if you are...”

Looking deep into Tannrs eyes Tori can feel the love and concern for her and feels no guile, only honest emotion that brings tears to her eyes.

“We can talk of serious things when you are up to it Red. Right now you need to rest and heal. I can wait. I dont care if it takes six hours or six years. I'm not going anywhere, okay?”

“Okay..” Tori responds quietly, content and willing her body to heal...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....