Monday, July 23, 2012








The postulate stood with his head bowed, ready to flee at the look on Ardaras face after he delivered his message. Her face contorted in rage, her color going red, then almost purple, her red eyes huge. She slams her fists down on the table, then sends her meal flying across the room, glass shattering and food staining a far wall.

“Half of my forces? Half?! How is that even possible?”

The postulate lifts his head only a fraction. Stammering and his voice barely above a whisper, he attempts to give Ardara the explanation that was given to him by the priest.

Ardara starts to pace as she hears the young Drows words, making the slaves still in the room nervous, knowing her rages and wanting to escape her wrath. She moves back and forth her anger building as she listens. Finally she stops and shrieks, kicking a young boy out of her way.

“My forces were defeated by a group of human trash?”

The postulate ducks as a chair narrowly misses his head and is reduced to kindling on the wall behind him.

“Send me whatever idiots are left that were supposed to be in charge...NOW! I want more of an explanation other than they walked into a trap... MOVE!”

Ardara screams this last word and the postulate runs as if all the demons of hell were after him.


A short time later, a commander and a lower ranking officer slowly approach Ardaras receiving room. Both stop short at the sight of Ardara, her rage palpable, the putrid air almost pulsating with her anger.

Both heads bow, “My lady...”

“Shut up! Shut the fuck up and listen to me. I dont want to hear your pathetic excuses. Our forces are severely depleted due to your incompetence. Depleted due to humans... humans....” Ardara shakes her head. “Do I have to lead the forces myself? This is not an acceptable situation...” Ardara starts to pace again.

The soldiers glance at each other, certain Ardara will order their deaths.

“This will not happen again. Or I will make walking into an explosion of iron look like a very minor training exercise. Do I make myself clear?”

Both heads nod, eager to leave before their mistress has a chance to change her mind.

“I will give you some time to rebuild the army. Then we shall speak again... And I will have a mission for you. One that you cannot fail, or you know your fate... And since it involves grabbing some children I trust you will find it easier than this last battle...” Ardara starts to laugh, an insane sound that builds and echos in the rock chamber and sends a chill down the spines of those that hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....