Sunday, June 17, 2012








Raina was pacing in the kitchen watching Gareth and Ky playing some strange fae version of grab ass around the pool table.

“What the hell are they doing?” she asks Nick with a smile.

“Damned if I know, but they seem to be enjoying themselves...” Nicks words trail off as Raina starts to move back and forth again.

“Whats wrong Rain? You've been antsy all day...”

“I dont know for sure. Just a weird feeling, like somethings wrong, but I cant quite...” Raina pauses as the phone starts to ring.

Raina walks over to the counter where she left it. “I bet its a wrong number, pretty late for anyone to be calling...” Her eyes widen in surprise and she smiles as she answers the phone. Nick watches as her face turns ashen and smile quickly fades. Ky and Gareth see the concern on Nicks face and approach slowly wondering whats happened.

When Raina holds the phone out from her ear the group can hear Alise, and screaming in the background. “What the hell is going on?” Nick takes a few steps closer to Raina who holds out her free hand. Nick takes it and can see that Raina is holding back tears as she tries to calm Alise and get her to speak in English.

On the other end Alise takes a deep breath, struggling not to cry. “Its Tara...she can feel something with Tannr and nothing we do calms her. Please Raina can you come over? I wouldnt ask, but even Stoney cannot seem to get through to her. He was speaking to Tori....her screams scared him half to death...we are afraid Tori will go after Tannr, and she must not....and we think Ob is injured too....” Her voice breaks and Raina can hear her sobs.

“I'll be right there...no, its fine. Nick can bring me...okay....see you in a few.”

The second Raina hangs up she starts to cry. “I have to go. Something has happened to Tannr, but Tara... well.... I am sure you could hear her. I feel so torn...I …...I dont know what I should be doing....I always block my brothers feelings...I guess I shouldnt......” She wipes her eyes and looks to Nick.

Nick wraps his arms around her and holds her close. “I'll get the bike out of the garage...You should call Erik.....”

Ky steps forward and hugs Raina. “Go to Tara. I'll go see if I can find out whats happened to Tannr...and to Ob”

“You dont have to do that...” Raina starts.

“I know I dont, but I will. You need to be with Tara, you are the only one that understands what she is going through. Gareth and I can move fast if its just the two of us.....” Ky mentally starts making notes and she turns to Gareth, “Coming fairy boy?”

In a matter of minutes Raina is ready and heading towards the bike parked in the drive. Ky and Gareth head to the stables. Gareth pauses, “You think its bad dont you?”, not fooled by her teasing tone in front of Raina and Nick.

“You heard the kid crying and screaming. Sounded like her heart was being ripped out. Its not good whatever it is...”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....