Tuesday, February 22, 2011









Stunned, Keon accepts condolences and offers of aid from the Tavern people. This is something his own kind would not have done. Humankind has such a capacity for compassion. It is something so few Sidhe understand. He vows his child will have the heart of her Human side. His eyes light on Cassie's friend Ron.

His mind begins to work its way around the pain of loss. The despair is still there, but a cold rage has taken dominance. Keon's dark eyes are flat, until he looks at the infant in his arms. Then he melts, seeing the woman he loves in the child she bore. He touches the dark silk of her hair of his sleeping child and works his way closer to the small man.

The shifters grow quiet and Ron slowly turns, looking up as Keon stops behind him. The Dark Lord lays a hand on Ron's shoulder. "Ron. May I join ye?"

The shifter nods and someone finds a seat for Keon. He lowers himself slowly, careful not to wake Mera. "I have a favor to ask. Morgan hid herself on Cassie's boat. I need to clean it before I bring Mera home to it. As her friend, I am asking ye to help. Ye would respect her belongings, her life. There hae been offers to help, but I wanted to ask ye first."

Ron nods slowly. "Tell me when, and I'll be there."

The Hunters begin to arm themselves. Dmitri and Ramji bid goodbye to Guunnar then come to tell Keon they are leaving. The Greek leans close. "We'll bring the bitch back, *paliós fílos even if it means dragging her behind our horses by that mop of red hair."

Keon nods, "Too many owe her Dmitri. I vowed they'd get their chance."

The Riders slip into the shadows and are gone. Fea appears at Keon's side. She sees the longing in his eyes. "Where lies yer duty, Dark Lord?"

He looks down at Mera, so sweetly innocent, sleeping in his arms.

"Right here Sea Mother, right here."

He spies Gareth and catches the Sidhe Knight as he takes up a sword.

"Sir Gareth, a word?" The man pauses then steps to a quiet spot with Keon. "I made a vow that Morgan would pay for Conal's death, and we would bring his bones home. His bones are home at the bright Court. I made another vow that those to whom she brought ill, would have a chance to pay her in kind. I can't make that come true. Gareth..." He holds out his hand, Mera nestled in the crook of his arm. "I am askin ye to do that for me, and if perchance, she finds her end far from here, bring me a lock of her hair so I may have proof of her passing."

Pale fleshed hand grips midnight toned.

"I will help capture her, Lord Blackthorne, and I will insure she finds justice - but I will not claim justice on your behalf."

Keon nods. "Ride with honor and me gratitude."


*my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....