Wednesday, February 23, 2011








I lean back from the screen and sigh in satisfaction.

The email is addressed to Tourmaline, in the expectation that she will see it and pass it on to the rest of the Tavern's regulars.

My friends:

I am aware of your plans regarding the Fae called Morgan Bloodmane, and I heartily approve. I have no wish to interfere with anything you might choose to do, but I fear for those left behind. Until your quest be completed, I offer the hospitality of the Manse to any who choose to avail themselves of it. This applies in particular to those with children, Bloodmane's natural prey; for though she herself is rather occupied at the moment, and apt to be for some time, her creatures may still be active. I personally guarantee the safety of any who may choose to change their lodgings for the nonce. Anyone who comes at you will first have to come through me and mine - and I am very, very hard to kill.

I ask that you come en masse - safety in numbers -  and that you call me at the number below before you set out, so that you may not have to wait at the gate. Do so, and the wards will be lowered as soon as you arrive, and we will pass by this terrible time together, in such safety as we are seldom guaranteed in this world.

I await your coming with the keenest anticipation.


Mortuis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....