Wednesday, February 23, 2011








How much I would give to join this Hunt. It is shaping into one hell of a fight. But like my own Hunt, this is one that will bring Keon to decisions only he can make. I interrupt the preparations.

"Ees everyone ready? Good. I suggest we move out."

I flip open my phone, speed dialing the Manse. One ring and Magnus is on the line. I can't help the purr that rolls through my voice at the sound of his.

"Mi amor, we will be leaving here in ten minutes. Torrent has taken Miss Grace to collect a few things and we will be there anon. I call when we get to the gates."

Ike loans her truck to Ob. I watch as they pack baby things into the bed, then cases of clothes. The warriors are checking weapons and I watch Keon. He is halfhearted in his movements, eyes often straying to the babe in Star's arms. I stand before him, shaking my head.

"*Mi Perrito..." My r's are rolling and he looks at me with a closed expression. "I know you too well, Perrito." His eyes lower and his hands tighten the cinch of his sword belt. "Go, tell Star you wish to hold your child until we get to the Manse. I am sure she will understand. After all, she will want to hold onto her Erik as long as possible."

His eyes rise to mine very slowly. "Aye, Mistress." Keon turns his head and I catch the sheen of what might be tears, but a blink later, they are gone. He crosses to Star and speaks to her softly. Moments later, he is holding his daughter.

Two small demifae flit before him. The females flash back and forth, trying to get his attention. He waves them away and I stifle a laugh as they begin to tug at his long black hair. They avoid his blue streak. I think they would have been swatted from the air had they tugged at that. He finally looks up as Truant lands on his shoulder, shooing the females away.

I can hear his response to the little commander, although I did not hear the request.

"Let them as Pandora and Alise. Mya and Rachal have appointed themselves as guardians of those two women. If they want them to come along, I am sure there will be room." He turns back to his daughter. "My only order is that they not bother Mortuis. This is HIS home, they visit upon his invitation."


*My Puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....