Tuesday, February 22, 2011








I step into the tavern and conversation stops dead. It's not every day that Jack walks into the tavern with a shotgun, and some may be wondering if I'm about to go postal.

Yeah, I am - on Morgan.

"You all know why I'm here." The place is quiet enough to hear a pin drop. "I want Bloodmane. I don't give a fuck about bringing her back for trial. Who wants to come with me?"

Inari speaks up. "Where are you going?"

"Wherever it takes to find that bitch. I'll follow her into Hell if I have to."

"And when you find her?"

I hold up the shotgun. "The shells are loaded with iron. Need I say more?"

"I'm about to leave for the Unformed Plane to track her down. You can come if you wish." She holds up a finger. "But - this isn't just about you, Jack. There are others who want their pound of flesh, too. I'll take her alive if I can, dead if I must. I want your word that you'll only kill her if it's necessary to save a life - or lives."

I take a deep breath, hold it for a moment. "As long as she's dead at the end of all this."

"I can promise you that. She lies under two death sentences. I just want everyone to be able to see the sentence carried out - and to participate if they will."

"Then I'm in."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....