Wednesday, February 23, 2011











Alise watches as Star gently takes Mera from Keon and they talk for a few minutes. Erik is also watching from where he stands with Raina.

“I hate leaving her sis. I know caring for the little one will give her something to do, but still....”

Raina nods, “I know. But where we are going is no place for her either. She cant bring herself to squash a bug, I dont know how she would deal with a situation where many people are injured and some dying. You know what a camp is like...”

Erik sighs, “I know. And I know she'll be safe here.”

The time for the group to leave has come and there are hugs and well wishes all around. There are a few tears, mostly from Star, trying hard to choke them down and only partially succeeding. Erik goes to her and holds her until everyone else is ready, then kisses her. “I love you, I'll be back..”

Star smiles through her tears, “I know. I love you too...” and Erik turns and climbs in the jeep.

Alise moves from Stoney and puts an arm around Star as the engines start and the vehicles move forward and through the gate.

Keon and Erik both watch as the trucks pull away. Mera cuddles in Stars arms, then stretches her little arms. Star kisses the tiny fingers when they get close to her face. Both men smile, then the planning begins in earnest and conversation turns to the Unformed Plane.

The women watch until the trucks are out of sight. Stoney is listening as Ob lets him in on the planning. Handing Tara to Grace and taking Tomas from Stoney, Alise ushers the women to the gardens. “Come, Mortuis has the most amazing gardens. I will show you where they are before it gets too dark.”

Alise feels Stoneys connection with Ob close and he asks what they are doing. Nothing mon amour. Just trying to distract Star a little. She will love the gardens. She just needs a little extra attention I think... Grace is enjoying Tara and Pandora is a strong woman, she will be fine. And our Sarah has been doing somersaults this afternoon.... Alise laughs and her hand covers her belly. We will be in soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....