Sunday, February 27, 2011








As soon as Ky gets back to camp she sees Nick and Gareth at the campfire, drinking coffee and talking with some of the other men. She decides this would be a good time to stop and see how Raina is doing.

As K'thyri enters the healers tent she sees Raina stumble and catch herself as she tries to get out of bed and get some clothes on.

She hurries to the cot and puts a supporting arm around Rainas waist. “Here, let me help. Are you sure you should be getting up? Your leg....”

Raina silences Ky with a shake of her head. “I have to be there. I promised Alise I would smack that bitch for her and her babies and I intend to keep my word.”

“Okay, but lean on me, let me help. Gods, Gareth and Nick will want to strangle us both.” Ky helps Raina pull on a long sleeveless tunic over her underwear. When she looks at the ragged gash in Rainas leg, swollen and full of stitches, she says, “I dont think we should try and get pants over that.”

“No, this is fine.” The pair head out of the tent and into the bright sunshine. Rainas face is pale, paler than Nicks and she is sweating with the effort it takes to walk. She cant put any weight on the injured leg even when assisted by K'thyri. Carrying her jian, the lightest of her swords, was an effort at this point.

Raina is leaning heavily on Ky as they walk towards the group starting to form for the gauntlet. Gareth looks up and his eyes go wide. “Damn it Raina, you shouldnt be up. Nick is gonna kick your ass...”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....