Sunday, January 23, 2011









I take Star up to my room and close the door. "I've been meaning to show you this for a while now." I reach beneath the mattress and pull out a Viking longsword and scabbard. I draw it carefully, letting her see the rune-etched blade. "This is Dragon's Claw. It's a twin to the one that Raina uses, Dragon's Fang. It's one of the reasons you don't have to worry about trouble when we're together."





I reach beneath the mattress again and remove a war axe. "This is the other. I'm very good with either of these weapons, and I can use others as well."









I put the axe back beneath the mattress and belt on the sword. "I've been a warrior for most of my life, Princess. I've been hurt and scarred, but I'm still walking around. A lot of others aren't."

Preparations made, I draw her into my arms and kiss her deeply. "I love you, Réaltán, and no one is going to hurt you again while I live to prevent it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....