Sunday, January 30, 2011











Alise moves to the stairs and sits about halfway down the staircase on a step.

Looking out over the tavern there are  customers coming and going. Monty and Patti are busy at the bar. But Alise doesnt see them. Her mind is in the past. She sees the sad little spirit who used to sit at the bottom of the steps, her dress old and worn, blood oozing from a gash in her neck. The lonely spirit watches everyone, never in her wildest imaginings thinking she would be alive again, much less have the happy life she does now.

Stoney joins her, sitting behind her and wrapping his arms around her, kisses her neck. “Sad thoughts Chaton? On such a happy day..”

Leaning back against him, Alise smiles and closes her eyes to the past she was seeing. “Not really sad. I was thinking about the twists and turns of fate and miracles that brought us together. I am always amazed by how much you loved me... and love me still....”

Alise sighs, content in Stoneys arms. “There is something else Chiot... I need to speak with Jack and ask his advice.”

“On what mon amour? Is something wrong?”

Non, not really wrong. Its just that... well.. .a couple of times now I think I have seen Stars maman. She never says anything and I dont know if thats because she was a quiet person like Star or if theres another reason. But I dont know if I should tell Star... And now she is so happy, it would break my heart to make her cry or to make her sad. So I am not sure what to do, if anything...”

Stoney nods and holds her close, not sure what he would do either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....