Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I shrug. "I've done a few. Hard to be around for nearly a hundred and fifty years without trying most things at least once. What exactly did you have in mind, and who were you thinking of for our third?"

“Well....how about we ask the rider? Guunnar? He can't stay long, Herne calls them back and he has to go. Its perfect. He won't be around long, at least not long enough to start bothering us - or me. I don't really think he is like that, but you never know. And if you know a woman, I do return favors”, and Raina smiles wickedly. “But I have to like her and she can't turn into a pain in the ass, which most women do - so good luck finding one."

"He does seem to have an eye for you... a little rough around the edges, but he's a nice enough guy, I think. Sure, we can do this." I grin. "As for another woman - we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, no rush.

Who knows, the big guy may not like the idea of another guy in the same bed. Let's just see if we can make this one happen and we'll worry about the rest later."

Suddenly she looks uncertain. "Nick… if this is going to change anything at all between us, then I don't want to do it. I like what we have so far, I don't want to lose it.”

I smile. "Darlin', it's gonna take more than another guy to change things between us, at least from where I stand. You're the best thing that's happened to me in a very long time, and I don't have a lot of hangups to begin with. As long as it makes you happy, you could do the Minnesota Vikings defensive line and I won't turn a hair."

Raina smiles. "Okay, so which one of us is going to talk to him?"

I smile in my turn. "You're the one he wants, love... I think. You go ahead and sweet-talk him and I'll see if I can find some polka music on the jukebox - that ought to turn him on."

She sticks her tongue out at me. I grin as she swivel-hips over to the big blond. Okay, Guunnar, I think, prepare to be pillaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....