Friday, December 24, 2010











Alise leans into Stoney. “I am sorry mon amour. At first I thought I was seeing things and then I didnt want you to worry about me any more than you already were. How do you know our babies will have this talent? Maybe they will be boys and be just like you.”

Rowan comes back in and heads to the booth. She sits next to Jack and smiles at Alise, “Told you I'd be right back.” She notices everyone looking at her, “Whats wrong? Did I say something else I shouldnt have?

Alise looks confused, “No, I have something to ask you about...” and she explains to Rowan about the spirits, how she can see them and how Jack sends them on. When she gets to the part about returning to the farm, Rowan frowns. “Do you feel up to returning to that place? You are healing physically, but going back to the farm could be traumatizing emotionally. Are you ready to live through that all over again in your mind?”

Responding quietly Alise says, “I feel that I have to. I cant just leave them there forever, it seems very wrong for some reason.”

Rowan sighs, understanding completely how it is when you feel called to do something. Taking a deep breath she says, “I understand, and I cant stop you. I can tell you it wont hurt you physically, wont hurt the babies, but I dont want to see you upset and scared. I wont agree at all unless there are people there to support you if needed. Like Stoney, Raina, maybe Nick....” and she looks at Stoney, “How do you feel about this?”

Stoney nods, “I will be there for her, and I am sure Raina and Nick would come if we asked them to.”

“Okay, I will agree, but if she gets too upset I want you to promise you will make her leave. I know she feels she has to do this, but my first priority is her as my patient and I hope as my friend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....