Wednesday, January 5, 2011









There is the soft sound of Celtic reed pipes. Tears fill Stoney's eyes as he realizes which song it is, Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden. He had told Ike that it was a song that he sang to Alise each night she slept in his arms.

Ike brushes his mind. For you both bro.... She blends it with another dancing the tunes softly back and forth behind his words.

"I promised, once, to sing the rest of this song to you...  Savage Garden wrote the words, but I mean every word, mon amour"

Ike slips into the tune, keeping a slower rhythm, so the words seem to echo.

When you feel all alone

And the world has turned it's back on you
Give me a moment please to tame your wild wild heart
I know you feel like the walls are closing in on you
It's hard to find relief and people can be so cold
When darkness is upon your door and you feel like you can't take anymore

Stoney raises her hands to his face, cupping them against his cheeks.

Let me be the one you call
If you jump I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

When you feel all alone

And a loyal friend is hard to find
You're caught in a one way street
With the monsters in your head
When hopes and dreams are far away and
You feel like you can't face the day

Let me be the one you call

If you jump I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

"Terminé une siècle il y a , MOI told vous quelque chose. Thanksggiving était une autre lifetime , mais le tranquille anneaux que véritable aujourd'hui que les cathédrale cloches dans les Grand Église de Paris. Je vous aime Alli. MOI told vous MOI would amour vous outre Mort. , et vous riiez. Font vous croyez myself maintenant?"

He smiles as she nods her head. Stoney kneels before her, offering his hands. When she takes them with a small puzzled look, he wets his lips and takes a deep breath.

"These hands have sculpted many beautiful things, but they have never sculpted anything as beautiful as what I sculpted for you.

These hands have played music for centuries, but they have never played with the joy they do now, because you are there to listen.

These hands I offer to comfort you in sadness, to take from you what burdens you will allow, to bring to you what joys I can.

These hands are yours, Mon Alise, gifted with all the love they represent, if you will have them."


*Over a century ago, I told you something. That was another lifetime, but it still rings as true today as the cathedral bells in the Great Church of Paris. I love you Alli. I told you I would love you beyond Death, and you laughed. Do you believe me now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....