Tuesday, May 1, 2012








Finished with work, kicking back at home, watching NCIS with half an eye while I check my email. Gotta love Abby... The computer belches at me - incoming email. I maximize the screen... it's from Eira. I set my drink down on the desk and open the message.  

Jack - 

Hi, babe, miss you like crazy... wish I was there now, in bed with you, doing all the things I've been thinking about while I've been here.  ;-) Not that I have a lot of time for fantasizing... Sibyl keeps me busy on my "lessons", if you can call it that. I never knew how totally exhausting psychic work could be - not that I ever exercised any psychic muscles before... I have some things to share with you when I see you again - stuff I've learned about myself, about this crazy thing that's happened to me... I don't fully understand it yet. Sybil says it's not something that can be explained, really, I just have to learn the techniques and take the rest on faith. You'd like her, I think... she's a real lady, but not stuffy at all. 

I want you, Jack. Some nights, tired as I am, I can't go right to sleep for thinking of you. I'll let your imagination fill in the blanks there... I love you, and I hope to see you again soon. 

Take care, lover. 

Eira

I read it through again and when I'm done I'm no closer to understandng the psychic bits than I was before. Reading her words, though - that makes me feel like a part of her is here with me, now - and I wish she really was here. It's a strange feeling and I tell myself for the thousandth time that I'm forty-seven kinds of a fool for taking this chance. I'm hooked, good and proper, and it seems I might as well admit it - to myself, and to Eira. I reach for the mouse, click "reply" and type just two lines.  

I love you too. Hurry back. 

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....