Tuesday, January 11, 2011









Ike sits down on a stool and starts to strum her guitar. She wonders what the redhead wants. No one seems to like her, yet she keeps coming back. Her brothers are more protective than they should be, their minds are in a defense mode.

She strums lightly and Monty lowers the lights. Her voice floats out softly.

Baby, I'm a want you
Baby, I'm a need you
You're the only one
I care enough to hurt about
Maybe I'm a crazy
But I just can't live without

Ob's downbeats join in, joining Tori's bass.

Your love and affection
Givin' me direction
Like a guidin' light
To help me through my darkest hour
Lately I'm a prayin'
That you'll always be a stayin'
Beside me

Used to be that life was just emotions passing by
Feeling all the while and never really knowing why

Lately I'm a prayin'
That you'll always be a stayin'
Beside me

Used to be that life was just emotions passing by
Then you came along and made me laugh and made me cry
You taught me why

Baby, I'm a want you
Baby, I'm a need you
oh it took so long to find you baby
Baby, I'm a want you
Baby, I'm a need you

A smile twists her lips and Ike whispers "Now for something a little fun..." The spunky bopping tune sets people laughing. She affects an innocent, big-eyed expression.

I rode my bicycle past your window last night
I roller skated to your door at daylight
It almost seems like you're avoiding me
I'm okay alone, but you got something I need

Well, I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key
I think that we should get together and try them out you see
I been looking around awhile
You got something for me
Oh! I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key

Tori grins.

"Fun?"

The crowd is laughing as Ike changes up for an electric guitar and Tori takes her place behind the synth. Ob is shaking his head, but when Tori plays the first few notes, someone yells out "Disco Duck!"

A crowd of the college kids are on the floor getting into the song. When it ends Ob urges his sisters into Werewolves of London. At the howls in the first verse, the Shifters throw back their heads and howl along. From there on, the set is mayhem. Songs are shouted at Montenegro, the more outrageous the better. They swing from one tune to the next, showing their versatility. The set ends with Billy Idol's SCREAM.

From the first oooooo Yeah! Ob's eyes are rivetted on Pandora as he jumps off the stage.

You can fill my cup
You can fill my bowl
This train is ready to roll
Your eyes of fire
Have stole my soul

Still coming back for more
You are the lock
I am the key
Climb up my lemon tree

You are the one
You're on your knees
You are my little queen
You know just what I mean
Climb up my lemon tree

Tori licks out on the drum kit, letting Ob play to the crowd. He dances through the people, spinning girls, rocking with guys.

Make me scream
All night, all night long
Gonna get extreme
All night, all night long
Make me scream
All night, all night long
Gonna get obscene
All night
All night long
All night
All night long

He dips one girl back, holding her bent as he sings.

As the last note rings out, he bends her backwards. The jewelled tones of his hair shimmer under the lights and Ob scoops Pandora up in his arms. He spins around and drops them both on a chair smoothing back her hair.

"Feeling better?" he murmurs against her lips. When she nods, he grins. "Guess we owe Guunnar for the curry?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....