Saturday, January 22, 2011









I take in just enough breath to sigh heavily. These amateurs are enough to give stupidity a bad name. Drawing myself up to my full height, I vamp out and step into the light. The guy with the gun points it at me. "Don't come any closer! I'll shoot!"

Yawn. Typical.

A careless backhanded flick of my wrist and the human raises a hand to a suddenly and unaccountably slit throat. He actually manages to stand for a full minute before blood loss drops him to his knees, the gun slipping from nerveless fingers.

I step back into shadow, take Raina in my arms, smiling. "Have I told you lately that I love you?" She laughs. "What's that all about?"

"You just let me go up against a man with a gun and you didn't say a word."

She gives me a wry grin. "You can handle yourself okay. He was no threat."

I hug her closer, press my lips to hers. The kiss is slow, lingering and hot and when it breaks, I say it again. "I love you, Raina."

Her eyes are pools of heat. "I love you, Nick."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....