Friday, January 7, 2011











Alise starts to cry again, “Mon Dieu, the cottage?? He is giving us a house?”

As Mortuis turns to leave, Alise stops him with a touch to his shoulder. “Mortuis, please. Are you sure of this? It is so generous of you. A house is a very large gift.”

Mortuis nods his head, "You have given me your friendship. It is a far greater gift than you know."

Wrapping her arms around his neck, Alise says quietly, “Merci Mortuis, from the bottom of my heart I thank you. Not only for the house, but for your help when I was taken, you gave Stoney a quiet place to work on my statue, there are so many things you have done for us and I want you to know how much we appreciate all you have done. And you never yelled at me when I threw your things off the desk or pushed your plate across the table. You were my family when I had none. You are a better man than you give yourself credit for."

Mortuis says nothing, but behind the hood his eyes are bright with unshed tears. He clutches Alise close, just once, then nods to Stoney and walks away without another word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....