Sunday, October 18, 2015


Stoney watches his wife as she moves among their friends and family. His mind touches hers gently and he asks her to come sit beside him at the keyboard. She smiles and moves in his direction. The sight of her takes away his breath. His long fingers stroke over the ivories, picking out notes.

Alise smiles at him as he shakes his hair forward. She knows that move. He is hiding his face so she doesn't see, or perhaps others won't see, the emotions he can't hide.

What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can’t pin you down
What’s going on in that beautiful mind

I’m on your magical mystery ride
And I’m so dizzy, don’t know what hit me, but I’ll be alright
My head’s under water
But I’m breathing fine
You’re crazy and I’m out of my mind

Tori smiles as Tannr draws her into his lap. He whispers in her ear.
"I heard Stoney working on this a few weeks ago. It fits us too."

Stoney turns his head slightly, looking at Alise through a fall of his hair. She smiles and tucks it out of the way so she can kiss his cheek.

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I’m winning

'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you oh.

Tannr's hand follows Tori's spare curves, teasing along her ribs. He hums in her ear, nipping it gently. "I do loves those curves and edges."

She moves back, glaring at him. "Whose curves?"

He pulls her back against his chest. "Yours, Red. Every muscular, limber..." She raises a fist and he laughs. "My feisty wench..." As she swings, he moves forward, suddenly kissing her. With a sigh, her arm drapes around hisshoulders. "All of me... Red.. all of" She shuts him up with another kiss.

How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you’re crying you’re beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I’m around through every move
You’re my downfall, you’re my muse

My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can’t stop singing, it’s ringing, in my head for you

Laila watches the couple on the stage. She glances toward the back hall. Still no Ramji. Worry weighs heavy as she thinks over what Guunnar said. He didn't see him. What did that mean?

My head’s under water
But I’m breathing fine
You’re crazy and I’m out of my mind

Keon leans close to Eite, summarizing Stoney and Alise' trials for their love. He tells her of the decades spent believing she was not lost to Stoney, of his faith he would find her one day, and when he finally did it was to find she was a ghost. They had found a spell, bringing her back among the living.Then they nearly lost each other again. Laila had heard the stories, but hearing them again as the man spills his love into a song for his beloved has her bowing her head to wipe away tears.

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I’m winning

'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you
Give me all of you oh

Cards on the table, we’re both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it’s hard
'Cause all of me
Loves all of you

Voices join Stoney's. Alise looks around, seeing so many holding others close. Theirs is not an easy life, so many dangers being just who, what, they were.Yet.... She turns back to her husband. Her mind strokes his gently, letting him feel the strength of her love.

Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I’m winning

'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

I give you all, all of me
And you give me all of you oh

The last of the notes drift away in a gentle silence. Laila opens her eyes, having closed them to better listen to the song. The soft stroke of fingers in her hair startles her and Laila jerks away from the unexpected touch. She nearly knocks Ramji over with her chair as she tries to stand. She grabs his arm, to keep herself from falling and flinches away when he curses. It is only then her mind registers the sling and bandages on his neck and face.

"I am sorry I am late, *moja slatka janjetina. Can you forgive..." He never finishes his sentence. Ramji finds himself pushed into her chair as Laila tries to inspect the bruises on his face. He captures her hands in his one good hand. He raises them to his lips.

"I am fine. Laila.. I am fine. Bruised and a few broken bones. But if Guunnar hadn't tripped over me, we'd both be worse." She tries to free her hands. Ramji holds on a little longer, pressing them to his cheek. He breathes deep, a peaceful smile dispelling some of his lines of pain. "^Bosiljak i menta, You are still using the lotion..."


*my sweet lamb

^Basil and mint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....