Wednesday, November 2, 2011








Tannr holds Tori close and lets her cry, murmuring words of reassurance. No one was taking her away from him again if he had anything to say about it.

After a few minutes Tannr scoops her up and heads inside and towards the bathroom. Tori lifts her head and with a small grin asks, “Do I smell that bad?”

“It will help you feel better...” Tannr carries her into the large shower and sits her in one of the seats built into the sides. He quickly strips off his clothes and grabs the soap and shampoo that Ike had left. After adjusting the waters temperature and spray he lifts Tori again and sits with her in his lap. He gently soaps her hair and spikes and Tori sighs, “You're right Coppertop...” and she relaxes and lets Tannr care for her.

As he soaps her body Tannr is worried about how thin she seems, her normally lanky body even thinner and her color pale. He soaps her feet and legs and notices her watching. “I dont think anyone has ever done this for me...”

Smiling, Tannr replies, “Thats okay. I dont think I have ever washed anyone, except myself of course...”

Noticing that Tannr is starting to get hard, Tori reaches out and grabs his hand, “I dont know if I'm up for much else...”

Tannr nods, “Thats fine Red. I wouldnt expect you to be. I can wait... and will wait... until you're ready.”

Rinsing and drying take only a few minutes and Tannr rubs lotion into Toris back and the places she cant quite seem to reach. She dresses in the lounge pants and tank top that Ike left for her. Adjusting the tie on the pants her stomach starts to growl loudly making Tannr laugh.

“I guess we need to feed you next.”

“I guess so..” Tori smiles. “But no broth, no matter what Rowan says. I dont want anything that resembles that shit they gave me in....”

Tannr reaches out and runs the back of his hand down the side of Toris face stopping her words. “I'll see to it Red... dont think of that place...”

“But what if they find me? What if...” Tori can barely get the words out.

“They wont.”

“But...”

“No buts. They wont.” Tannrs voice is firm. “I wont let that happen. Neither will my family, or your family. Okay Red? Its not gonna happen.”

Before Tori can do more than nod her head there is soft knock at the door and Star peeks in. “Can we come in?”

“Sure..” Tannr calls from the bathroom and then helps Tori settle in on a large sofa.

Alise enters with a large tray and sets it on the coffee table in front of Tori. “Rowan said this was fine. Star told her you dont like soup... She said to eat slowly, no gobbling. Or you might get sick.”

Tori grins at the site of eggs, cheese and fresh baked bread. Her stomach growls again and she digs in, trying hard not to eat too fast. A glass of juice tops off her meal and she leans back with a satisfied sigh. “Okay. Can we talk now?” She looks to Star. “What the hell were you doing in Underdark? And Keon? You have families..” Toris voice starts to choke a bit and Tannr sits next to her pulling her close, understanding that her emotions are close to the surface after all she has been through.

Star smiles softly, “But you are our family too. And Tannr was ready to just run off on his own. I could pass for one of them with my skin colored so I could find where you were being held. We can tell you all the details later.”

“But look at your arms. Those scars wont go away... thats from that horrible acid shit isnt it?” Tori asks.

“Its fine Tori. Keon says they are the stars to the moons and its part of the prophecy.” Star reaches into her pocket, feeling for the necklace Traeger had repaired and returned just that day. “Besides, I had to get this for you. I wasnt going to let that bitch have it.” Three sets of eyes go wide, no one ever having heard Star swear before.

“Here.” Star takes Toris hand and drops the serpent necklace into her open palm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....