Tuesday, April 26, 2011









Suddenly the lights go OUT. There is the sound of snapping fingers, the slow rhythm of a 60's coffee house. Ob hits a downbeat and a bass guitar joins with the slow pattern. A sultry voice voice drifts into the darkness.

Never know how much I love you
Never know how much I care
When you put your arms around me
I get a fever that's so hard to bear


A spot light slowly brightens on the woman standing before the stage, leaving the others, on the stage, in shadow. As her head comes up Tori's gaze brushes over the crowd.Tugging the mic from its stand she begins to glide among the tables, fingertips brushing along shoulders, touching hair.

You give me fever (you give me fever) when you kiss me
Fever when you hold me tight (you give me fever)
Fever ... in the mornin'
Fever all through the night



She caresses a woman's cheek, touching lightly as she glides by.

Sun lights up the day time
Moon lights up the night
I light up when you call my name
'cause I know you're gonna treat me right

You give me fever (you give me fever) when you kiss me
Fever when you hold me tight (you give me fever)
Fever ... in the mornin'
Fever all through the night (WOW!!)


Pausing before the Queens she gives them a wicked smile, green eyes lit by red embers.

Everybody's got the fever
That is somethin' you all know
Fever isn't such a new thing
Fever started long time ago



She continues her round, slipping between tables with a liquid grace. A touch here, there, a slip of her hip along someone's arm, all adds to the sensuality of the moment.

(You give me fever)
Baby, turn on your love light (yeah, yeah)
Let it shine on me (yeah, yeah)
Well, baby, turn on your love light (yeah, yeah)
And let it shine on me (yeah, yeah)
Well, just a little bit higher (yeah, yeah)
And just a little bit brighter, baby (yeah, yeah)

You give me fever (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
You give me fever (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
You give me fever (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)


She sinks a hand in Guunnar's unruly tresses, tugging his head back. The Viking grins broadly, as she sings to him.

Romeo loved Juliet
Juliet she felt the same
When he put his arms around her
He said, "Julie baby you're my flame"
Thou givest fever when we kisseth
Fever with thy flaming youth
Fever I'm on fire
Fever yea I burn forsooth


She lets go and he moans, making his tablemates laugh. She gives him a lazy smile, smoothing his mustache before brushing her lips over his forehead. Her body sways gently as she weaves her way through the room toward the bar.

Captain Smith and Pocahontas
Had a very mad affair
When her daddy tried to kill him
She said "Daddy oh don't you dare"
"He gives me fever with his kisses"
"Fever when he holds me tight"
"Fever, I'm his missus"
"Daddy won't you treat him right?"


People at the bar have turned to watch. She leans between two men, brushing against them as she takes a sip of someone's drink. Her eyes close, as she licks the wetness from her lips. The man next to her groans.

Now you've listened to my story
Here's the point that I have made
Cats were born to give chicks fever
Be it Fahrenheit or centigrade
We give you fever when we kiss you
Fever if you live and learn
Fever till you sizzle


She spies Tannr near the end of the bar and slowly drifts closer. His eyes meet hers. She purses her lips, blowing him a kiss.

What a lovely way to burn
What a lovely way to burn


When she reaches his spot, she leans against the counter as the stool next to him is suddenly vacant, the man standing to give her more room. Her hand slides up along Tannr's cheek to cup the back of his head. She draws him closer, her cheek brushing his. The last two lines almost sung against his lips.

What a lovely way to burn, ah
What a lovely way to burn


Her lips meet his and, two beats later, the lights go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....