Tuesday, September 20, 2011










"Damn"

Tori begins to ease herself upwards, swinging her legs over the side of the bed. Tannr tries to stop her, telling her to lay back and rest.

"Take the needle out Tannr. Take it out NOW."

No Coppertop, no sweetheart. She wasn't kidding. Tannr didn't argue, didn't go get Rowan. He simply slid the needle from her arm, holding a cotton ball on the puncture wound like he saw the Healer do to Ike. Medical tape to hold the cotton in place, and Tannr found the switch to turn off the IV before too much liquid drips on the floor. He looks back just in time to catch her as she begins to fall.

"Red! What are you doing?"

His arms tighten around her waist as he holds her up. She feels heavier than when they brought her to Rowan. Her skin has a slight grayness to it. Tori lays her forehead against his chest with a sigh.

"I'm going stone, Coppertop. I need to get outside."

Tannr, kisses the top of her head and sweeps her up into his arms. He grins at the surprised look in her eyes. "Silk had them put you in a room with a balcony."

She seems to get heavier with every step. By the time he sets her on her feet, Tannr is breathing heavy. Tori cups his face and kisses him gently.

"I'll try not to... I mean, Ike gave me enough blood..." She sighs. "I'm not sure how long I will be in the stone sleep, Tannr. I'm sorry."

Tannr strokes the backs of his fingers along her jaw. "I'll be waiting."

She steps backward, tilting back her head, crossing her arms over her chest as the stone begins to make its presence visible. Her hair flattens, skin texture taking on scales, as wings spread from her shoulders. Blowing him a kiss, Tori gives up the last of her human form for her gargoyle form and stillness.

Tannr kisses her stone cheek, and traces a finger over the image of her snake bracelet clutched in a taloned fist.

"I'll be waiting, Red. I'm not going anywhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....